WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS POLICY
Free wireless internet access is available at the Anderson-Lee Library. Patrons who have personal electronic devices with wireless internet may access the wireless connection from inside the library. You must request the password from the circulation desk. Library rules and policies regarding Internet use apply to wireless access:
1. Library staff is unable to provide technical assistance.
2. The library cannot guarantee internet speed or quality of connection.
3. The library's wireless network is not secure. Virus, security, and privacy protection are not provided by the library and are the responsibility of the patron.
4. The library assumes no responsibility for damage, theft, or loss of personal equipment, software, data files or other personal property used in or around the library facility.
5. The library accepts no responsibility for any software downloaded and/or installed, e-mail opened, or sites accessed while patrons are on the wireless internet connection.
Any damage done to the patron's equipment or person from viruses, identity
theft, spyware, plug-ins, or other Internet-based programs is the sole
responsibility of the patron; the patron holds harmless the library from any
The library's wireless connection is unencrypted and unfiltered. Use of the wireless connection is done at the patron's own risk. By using this connection, patrons acknowledge that security errors and hacking are an inherent risk associated with any wireless service. For that reason, patrons expressly agree that they knowingly assume such risk, and further agree to hold the library harmless from any claim or loss arising out of, or related to, any such instance of hacking or other unauthorized use or access into the patron's computer.
It is recommended that you do not share any private information over an unsecured wireless connection, including online shopping and bill-paying. If you have to do one of these things at the library, it is recommended that you use one of the hardwired desktop computers. Unauthorized downloading of copyrighted material(s) is strictly forbidden and will result in suspension or revocation of library privileges and may result in a formal notification to the appropriate local law enforcement office.